Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A gourmet dinner for all to enjoy!

So I haven't made dinner lately. I haven't made anything for my family for dinner since Thursday. Today is Wednesday. Wow. But lest you think I have starved my children just know that we have either eaten out (at Wingers, yum) or been at a family BBQ, or Sunday Dinner or at my mom's house for Tacos, or at a Birthday party every night since then. It has been a nice break. And tonight my husband won't be home and I have to be to a youth activity where once again we are having a BBQ. So, here is what my kids get.

Lovely isn't it?

And guess what. No one will complain, everyone will eat without being bribed, yelled at or forced to sit in a chair for an unbelievably long time.

Yeah sometimes I wonder why I even go to the trouble to cook. When Ragu and Spaghetti from my food storage is what they really want. But then I remember that I really like to eat, like really like to eat. It is pretty much a hobby. So after tonight I am going to get back to my
"menu planning,cooking food no one wants to taste,dumping food down the disposal, all around family fun!" Woo hoo!

Until then, here is desert.

I really should get to the grocery store.

No comments: