Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's not just for food around here....



I recently bought a food scale . I had never used a food scale before but sometimes when I watch cooking shows and they have cool gadgets, I start to believe that if I had that cool gadget my food might start to taste like theirs. So I bought one, so far my food still tastes like I cooked it but I have hope.

But anyway, food scales can be fun. I like to measure my pasta because I always seem to cook way too much or not enough. Now I just look at the servings size on the pasta box and measure out the appropriate ounces for the number of servings I need. It is handy. When I buy ground beef in bulk I used it to divide the beef into 1 lb. portions so I can just freeze those for later recipes. My food scale has been one gadget that actually gets used a couple times a week. (Can't say the same for the Smoothie Maker that I thought was so cool.) I can even use it to weigh boxes or letters for postage.

I also randomly weigh things around my house just for fun because I am strange, I think. If you wanted to know, my diaper bag weighs 2 lbs. 10 oz. Also the pork chop I ate for dinner weighs 1.8 oz., my sunglasses weigh 1 oz exactly and my five-year old she weighs....just kidding I didn't weigh my five-year-old, that would be weird, besides she is too big. But my 1-year-old.....
Oops, guess she is too big too. Hope my food scale still works.

1 comment:

veronica said...

Does that scale say "EEEEEEK"? That's interesting because the scale in my bathroom always tells me, "One at a time, please!" Hmmmmm.